Redding Newcomers & Friends Club is a non-proﬁt women’s organization whose objectives are to welcome newcomers as well as residents who are not new to the area. We provide social activities to help members become acquainted with the community and with each other. At present, there are almost 400 members with club activities for individuals and couples. The number of current members and the variety of sponsored activities attest to the success of the Club.
We are not primarily a philanthropic organization, however, one of the programs we are most proud of is our Make a Difference Scholarship program for re-entry women age 25+. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of 12 units and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.
- Applicant must show ﬁnancial need.
- Applicant must provide autobiography including a statement of education direction and/or goals.
- Applicant expected to be continuing her education at Shasta College during the next academic year.
- Interview is required.
- Two letters of reference are required.
- Application deadline is FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application.