- Dues are currently $30 per year.
- An additional $5 is charged for a magnetized name badge for new members.
Frequently Asked Questions
REDDING NEWCOMERS & FRIENDS FAQ
Dues are prorated monthly for new members as we have new members join every month.
- The deadline for renewal of dues is May 31.
- All members are required to renew their yearly membership on May 31 no matter what month they initially joined the Club.
- Reminders are printed in our newsletter, the “Welcome Mat.”
- Renewals received after May 31 will require an additional $10 late fee.
- The membership fee covers the cost of joining the club and allows you to participate in as many regular activities as you like.
- There may be a cost for some activities such as theatre tickets or materials. There is usually an additional charge for special events such as the Fashion Show or Summer Celebration. However, these costs are made very clear upfront.
- Redding Newcomers & Friends is a non-profit organization and membership dues cover our operating costs. The major items your membership dues cover include our website, the monthly newsletter, the hard-copy membership directory, and meeting space for the General Meeting.
- Several times per year, the Club also subsidizes special event luncheons to keep the costs low to our members.
- All Redding Newcomers & Friends Board Members and Activity Chairs/Co-Chairs are volunteers and do not receive remuneration for their work.
- Monthly meetings with guest speakers.
- A variety of special interest group activities and events.
- Password-controlled access to the members-only section of the club’s website.
- Access to our monthly newsletter, the “Welcome Mat.”
- The yearly membership directory.
There is no limit on the length of membership as long as you pay the yearly dues.
You may rejoin as a new member.
A special interest group activity is a members-only opportunity to meet those with common interests and generally takes place weekly or monthly. The club offers diverse interest groups.
An event is a get-together varying in theme and venue and not held on a regular schedule. There is a charge for each group event, and space is limited.
- The Club is always open to adding new ones, based on member interests.
- Any member may propose a new interest group or volunteer to coordinate an existing one.
Redding Newcomers & Friends is open to all women within Redding and its surrounding areas.
- Our membership generally comes from the Redding area which includes Shasta County and parts of Tehama County.
- We also do have members who have moved away from the Redding area who have maintained their membership.
All ages are welcome to join but the majority of our members are 55 and older.
- No. Our activities are held at various venues in and around the Redding area.
- Members are notified of the locations in our newsletter, the “Welcome Mat.”
Although our club is designed for women, we also have events such as “Why Cook Tonight?” and some Special Event activities that allow for husbands, significant others, and friends to attend.
- The Redding Newcomers & Friends Membership Directory may only be used for communicating Newcomers’ business.
- The Directory may not be used as a source of information for contacting members for any other purposes.
- If you provided an email address and signed up to receive the “Welcome Mat” online it should be delivered to your email inbox. If you didn’t receive it, check your ‘spam/junk folder’ in case your email server automatically rerouted it.
- Make sure you have added Redding Newcomers to your list of contacts.
- Because the “Welcome Mat” is sent via mass email, some computer firewalls will not admit it – or you may get a security warning. Please check your security settings. We are careful to send only safe messages.
- If you still don’t see it, send an email through our “Contact Us” form or contact one of the webmistresses listed on the roster and we’ll find out what happened.
- If you receive the “Welcome Mat” in print form by regular mail and haven’t received your copy, please contact the Newsletter Editor or the one of the Newsletter Mailers listed on your roster.